How to make the most of advertising on Meta platform
There is no doubt that being present in social media is a must for all e-merchants today. Having this in mind, we held a webinar about advertising options on Meta platform. Our guest speaker Martins Millers, a senior client manager at httpool, provided us with practical advice on how to make the best use of Facebook advertising options to promote the e-business.
Key lesson – Power of 5
Martins Millers made a number of recommendations for optimizing Meta account, and also encouraged the use of ad automation tools and features that Facebook calls the Power of 5.
- The use of Auto Advanced Matching – this feature on Facebook allows web visitors data to be combined with Meta platform data, which in turn will enable more accurate advertising.
- The simplification of your Meta account structure by identifying the common aspects in your campaigns, sub campaigns or ad groups and merging the campaigns or ad groups together. The campaign should include all sub campaigns, target groups, and ad formats, as this will give you and your team a better idea of your ad performance.
- The use of Campaign Budget Optimization – enabling this feature ensures that your budget is automatically directed to better-performing ad groups, which in turn will lead to more conversions.
- The use of Automatic Placements – this is how Meta works for you, trying to optimize ad placements and make the most of your budget.
- Product catalogs are an extremely powerful tool for creating ads because an e-shop selling goods can add its own products into the catalog. Then, Dynamics ads, which analyze the interests of your web users and people on the platform can be used. This will allow connecting the person with the right product at the right time.
Creatives with clear messages
We also discussed best practices for creatives. Advertising online, you need to capture peoples´ attention within a fraction of a second, especially on a mobile device. Add your company´s name or logo from the start to make it clear for the audience what business they see.
Use A/B testing to determine which ad designs get the best results for you. You do not need to show your ads thousands of times to thousands of people for a successful A/B testing. Even for campaigns worth just a few tens of dollars, you can still test two different advertising solutions and after the test period continue the campaign with the more successful solution.
One of the most important ideas we learned from the webinar is about cross-regional or cross-Baltic sales. If, for example, the e-shop only operates in Estonia, it certainly has potential to expand to other Baltic countries as well.
Advertising is easier than ever with cross-border lookalike audiences. For example, having defined the target group on the Estonian domestic market, one can create a target group in Latvia or Lithuania based on the same parameters. This will make it very easy to start a business in other Baltic countries. Expanding into these countries is even easier, as the banks and supply partners are generally the same. Maksekeskus enables payments from all common banks in the Baltics and registering shipments to Omniva and DPD parcel machines.
Next big step – Conversion API
There has been a lot of talk about Facebook Pixel becoming extinct. It is not clear when this feature will be turned off, however, as it will most probably happen this year, it is better to be prepared. The pixel has already been replaced by Conversion API, which you can read more about here. We will also outline its functionality in our upcoming article.