Where to get
Our plugin is still on beta stage and not published in Shopify marketplace. The app can currently be installed via this link https://shopify.maksekeskus.ee/install
How to set up
- Go to https://shopify.maksekeskus.ee/install
- Enter your Shopify store name and click “Install”. Note that the end part of your store name is already filled and you need to enter only the first part.
- If your store name is xxx.myshopify.com, then only enter xxx
- Read and agree to terms by clicking “Install unlisted app”. This is a warning, that you are about to install unofficial plugin.
- Next you are redirected to Shopify Apps section. Click on the “MakeCommerce payments for Shopify” link.
- Fill the fields with your company data (name, registration code, VAT nr) and with your Makecommerce store ID and keys.
- Live API keys can be found in Maksekeskus merchant portal
- If you want access to testing API, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you wish to test payments choose TEST for “current environment”, if you want to accept real payments, choose LIVE. Make sure API keys are correct!
- Save changes and after that click the “Click to install Makecommerce gateway to Shopify store” link at the top of the page.
- Agree to terms again, by clicking “Install payment provider”
- You are redirected to Shopify Payment providers page. In “choose alternative payments” find MakeCommerce. Enter your shop name, Makecommerce Secret key and save.
- If your store name is xxx.myshopify.com, only enter xxx
- API Secret key can be found in Maksekeskus merchant portal.
- NB! If you wish to use the test mode and avoid Shopify transaction fees, please check the “Enable test mode” box. But you must remember to remove it when going live!
- Shopify integration is done!
- Last step to start accepting payments, is to add Return/Cancel/Notification URLs in MakeCommerce merchant portal
- Return URL – https://shopify.maksekeskus.ee/return
- Cancel URL – https://shopify.maksekeskus.ee/cancel
- Notifications URL – https://shopify.maksekeskus.ee/callback
Please fill the fields exactly like shown on the image and note that the connection method has been set to POST.
If during the payment you receive a Forbidden error then that indicates wrong API keys or that Shopify store name is wrong. Please recheck the settings.
PS – here’s a helpful hint how to add “Terms and conditions” checkbox to your store https://help.shopify.com/en/themes/customization/cart/add-terms-and-conditions-checkbox