Where to get
Our plugin is still on beta stage and not published in Shopify marketplace. The app can currently be installed via this link https://shopify.maksekeskus.ee/install
How to set up
- Go to https://shopify.maksekeskus.ee/install
- Enter your Shopify store name and click “Install”. Note that the end part of your store name is already filled and you need to enter only the first part.
- If your store name is xxx.myshopify.com, then only enter xxx
- Read and agree to terms by clicking “Install unlisted app”. This is a warning, that you are about to install unofficial plugin.
- Next you are redirected to Shopify Apps section. Click on the “MakeCommerce payments for Shopify” link.
- Fill the fields with your company data (name, registration code, VAT nr) and with your Makecommerce store ID and keys.
- Live API keys can be found in Maksekeskus merchant portal
- If you want access to testing API, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you wish to test payments choose TEST for “current environment”, if you want to accept real payments, choose LIVE. Make sure API keys are correct!
- Save changes and after that click the “Click to install Makecommerce gateway to Shopify store” link at the top of the page.
- Agree to terms again, by clicking “Install payment provider”
- You are redirected to Shopify Payment providers page. In “choose alternative payments” find MakeCommerce. Enter your shop name, Makecommerce Secret key and save.
- If your store name is xxx.myshopify.com, only enter xxx
- API Secret key can be found in Maksekeskus merchant portal.
- NB! The Shopify “Test mode” works only with credit card payments but MakeCommerce payments would still work with live banks and real money. We advise to use Maksekeskus test account for testing.
- Shopify integration is done!
- Last step to start accepting payments, is to add Return/Cancel/Notification URLs in MakeCommerce merchant portal
- Return URL – https://shopify.maksekeskus.ee/return
- Cancel URL – https://shopify.maksekeskus.ee/cancel
- Notifications URL – https://shopify.maksekeskus.ee/callback
Please fill the fields exactly like shown on the image and note that the connection method has been set to POST.
If during the payment you receive a Forbidden error then that indicates wrong API keys or that Shopify store name is wrong. Please recheck the settings.
PS – here’s a helpful hint how to add “Terms and conditions” checkbox to your store https://help.shopify.com/en/themes/customization/cart/add-terms-and-conditions-checkbox